In this episode, host Steve Benson is being interviewed by the producer of the show, Anna Bolender, about how he started his outside sales career, why he left Google to start Badger Maps and the most important lessons he learned along the way. Steve shares valuable advice from his successful field sales career and talks about his entrepreneurial journey!
Here are some of the topics covered in this episode:
- Sales lessons from working at IBM, Autonomy and Google
- Steve’s experience as sales manager at Google
- Hardware vs. software sales industry
- How to decide if you should take the leap and start a business
- Bootstrapping or raising VC money?
About: Steve is the host of the Outside Sales Talk Podcast, and Founder and CEO of Badger Maps, the #1 route planner for field salespeople. After receiving his MBA from Stanford, Steve’s career has been in field sales with companies like IBM, Autonomy, and Google – becoming Google Enterprise’s Top Performing Salesperson in the World in 2009.
In 2012 Steve founded Badger Maps to help field salespeople be more successful. He has been named one of the Top 40 Most Inspiring Leaders in Sales Lead Management.